Loraine has a Higher Diploma in Arts in Drama Education and a Best Academic Achievement Award from Griffith College, an Honours BA in International Business and Languages, a Teacher Licentiate Diploma in Speech and Drama (LLSMD) and Certificate in Special Needs. Loraine is a member of Create and The Speech & Drama Teachers of Ireland Association.
Loraine founded Power Drama School in 2012. Power Drama School is an inclusive Performing Arts School for children and teenagers.
She has been teaching, writing and directing shows for the past 20 years for numerous organisations including, DDLETB, CDETB, Linn Dara School (HSE), St. Michael’s House and Crannóg Nua Special School
Directing Credits include:
- All of Power Drama School Productions to date including the original production “Together We Shine” and “Pure Imagination” both performed in Draiocht Theatre and “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” performed in the Millbank Theatre, Rush.
- Directing “All Sorts”, a devised piece for former HSE Centre, Mahylock (now Suaimhneas)
- Writing an original adaptation of “A Christmas Carol” for Theatre Train Ireland, Axis Theatre.
- Directing Eastwall Playcentre’s production of “High School Musical”,
- Directing the 20th Anniversary Production for Youthreach Transition Centre, Dominick Place, Dublin 1,
- Directing the 10th year Anniversary production of “Grease” for Bradóg Regional Youth Service.
- Writing and Directing “Hero” which was performed by students attending a day hospital in Linn Dara CAMHS, Cherry Orchard hospital.
- Writing and Directing original play “Numb” and Directing Jim Cartwright’s “Road” performed by Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street Drama Society.
- Adapting and Directing Polish Folk Tale “The Dragon of Krakow” which was performed by Power Drama School students at the Axis Theatre, Ballymun as part of the Koniczyna Polish Folk Dance Group Festival
Loraine is a member of the Speech and Drama Teachers of Ireland serving as was Board Member & Secretary for two years (2018 – 2020).
Loraine was also President of the Drama Society in DIT Kevin Street from 1996-1998.
Her acting credits include:
“Purgatory” by WB Yeats, “Maid of the Mountains”, “The Fisherman” by Oscar Wilde & “Spinning Webs” by Roger Gregg (5 Star Review in the Irish Times) “Daughters of Eve” by Ourclann, “Road” by Jim Cartwright. She was highly commended for best female actress for her role as Ellen in “The Factory Girls” at the Galway Arts Festival. Loraine represented DIT, Kevin Street in an Irish language performance at the International Cultural Festival in Hellenthal, Germany.
Power Drama School Speech and Drama students have all received first class honours in The Leinster School of Music and Drama (LSMD) Grade Exams with many students receiving medals for their high achievements. Loraine’s students have also been nominated for the prestigious LSMD Excellence Awards. In addition to this many students have won prizes in the Speech and Drama Teachers or Ireland Feis.
Loraine is currently involved in The Green Belt Project , a community theatre initiative for Lusk and Rush under the Guidance of Theatre Maker Declan Gorman and the Momentum 2021 Festival due to take place in August 2021.
Loraine is a member of Lusk Community Choir under the Direction of Annalisa Monticelli.